Cortex Repair Mask (Essential Balance)
The Cortex Repair Mask is a specialized product that works deeply and intensely on the cortex. The Cortex Repair Mask holds the same active ingredients as the Cortex Repair Shampoo and Cortex Repair conditioner. The Cortex Repair Mask forms part of the Cortex Repair product range. Amongst these products are the; Cortex Repair Shampoo and The Cortex Repair Conditioner. All the products in the range contain luxurious ingredients that were specially selected for the treatment and restoration of chemically damaged hair.
The main aim of the Cortex Repair Mask is to deeply penetrate the Cortex of hair. This is the layer of hair that gets damaged when hair has been exposed to various chemical processes. Amongst these processes are: highlights, permed hair, Brazilian blow wave. The Cortex Repair Mask is also perfect if you frequently make use of blow wave, straighteners and curl tongs.
- Hydrolysed Collagen and Q10: Hydrolyzed collagen and Q10 repairs and protects the hair follicle and strengthens and repairs the damaged cortex. Another important function of the Hydrolyzed Collagen is that it moisturizes and rehydrates all hair layers. The hair plumps and improves in softness and manageability. The hydrolyzed collagen strengthens and repairs all hair layers. The antioxidant Q10 will revitalize your hair.
- Silk Amino Acid: Silk Amino Acid contains a variety of 18 amino acids. Amongst those worth mentioning are: alanine, glycine and serine. Alanine is a non-essential amino acid and it will improve the hair surface of bleached-damaged hair. Glycine stimulates root hair growth. Glycine is one of the smallest amino acids and it helps the body to produce collagen. For this reason, this product helps to promote hair growth. Serine is another amino acid that is derived from silk proteins. It is added to our Cortex Repair Mask to act as a hair conditioning agent and it keeps hair smooth and strong. It also aids in collagen production this will boost elasticity of your hair and replenish moisture. Your hair will be soft and less static. Chemically treated hair lacks strength and elasticity. As the name suggests silk amino acid adds silkiness to the hair. Silk Amino Acids are harvested from the cocoon of the silk worm. The silk amino acid has a chemical composition that is very close to that of human skin and hair. By adding Silk Amino Acid, we add a great source of nourishment and care. Your hair will feel luxuriously silky, strengthened and nourished.
- MEA 18: MEA18 is a very small fatty acid and plays a rather important role in the health of your hair. MEA18 provides hair with its hydrophobicity (water-repellent property). It protects hair by preventing it from absorbing too much water from the environment. It will also minimize future damage of your hair. MEA-18 will target and repair your hair as it attaches itself to damaged hair. During this attachment, the surface of the hair is restored. restoring the surface of the hair. With regular chemical treatments, the MEA18 layer on the hair is removed from the hair shaft. By adding MEA-18 to the Cortex Repair Mask we ensure that the cuticle layer of your hair is strengthened and repaired. It will leave your hair soft, lubricated and glossy. Your hair will be more manageable as the hair strands will lie neatly in parallel to one another. Chemically treated hair often lacs MEA-18, a clear signal of this deficiency is that hair will become tangled and will stick to one another. Hair will also dry quicker.
We have taken great care to restore your hair to its original gloss. For this reason we added 6 luxurious oils to our shampoo. These are:
- Avocado oil: well known for its softening nourishing properties.
- Jojoba seed oil: will add additional nourishment and softening to your hair.
- Wheatgerm oil: restores elasticity as stressed hair often lacks elasticity.
- Argan oil: also known as liquid gold; it will make your hair softer, silkier and will add shine to your hair. It will also aid in hair growth and prevent hair from breaking.
- Olive oil: has softening and nourishing properties.
- Green grapeseed oil: will provide nourishment and shine. A further benefit is that it would also soften your hair. Compromised hair does not want to shine. Grapeseed oil will restore the natural shine in hair.
- Panthenol: will moisture and lubricate the hair shaft. It will also help your chemically treated hair to retain moisture. The flexibility of your hair will return with added shine. Panthenol supports hair growth and is essential for regular cell function.
- Fragrance: Suede (Rose, Fresh Green)
- Strengthens and repairs damaged hair.
- Nourishes immediately.
Apply to pre-shampooed and towel dried hair. Massage into the hair and leave for 2-3 minutes; emulsify and then rinse. In case it comes in contact with your eyes, rinse with immediately with water.